if your heart is still open and if so I want to know what time it shuts
We interrupt our regular broadcast to bring you … Vulcan Kisses
I put together some vulcan smooches for you, because I love you.
Vulcan husband-wife kiss:
Vulcan mother-child kiss:
Sexy vulcan makeout:
ooh yeah get some
what are are you doing
oh my god
yeah so I don’t know what this equates to in human terms
but I’m pretty sure if you did it in public on Vulcan it would get you arrested
“some scientists agree”. what does that mean. some scientists. that could be two scientists. two scientists agree. two agreeable scientists isnt very credible. do it again. more scientists.
this is my favorite post
Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela, born 18 July 1918, died 5 December 2013
The Top 10 Nelson Mandela Quotes on Education
- Young people must take it upon themselves to ensure that they receive the highest education possible so that they can represent us well in future as future leaders.
- Not a day goes by when I don’t read every newspaper I can lay my hands on, wherever I am.
- Without language, one cannot talk to people and understand them; one cannot share their hopes and aspirations, grasp their history, appreciate their poetry, or savour their songs.
- No country can really develop unless its citizens are educated.
- Education is the great engine of personal development. It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that the son of a mineworker can become the head of the mine, that a child of farm workers can become the president of a great nation. It is what we make out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another.
- There are certain precautions you should take to prepare yourself for a fruitful study career. You must brush up your knowledge through systematic reading of literature and newspapers.
- Discussion sharpens one’s interest in any subject and accordingly inspires reading and corrects errors.
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.
- One of the things I learned when I was negotiating was that until I changed myself, I could not change others.
And one more to make you smile: ‘Appearances matter — and remember to smile.’
Human brain specimen with glioblastoma multiforme.
Brain Cancer Cells Hide While Drugs Seek
Tumor cells temporarily lose mutation to evade drugs targeting mutation
A team of scientists, led by principal investigator Paul S. Mischel, MD, a member of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and professor in the Department of Pathology at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, has found that brain cancer cells resist therapy by dialing down the gene mutation targeted by drugs, then re-amplify that growth-promoting mutation after therapy has stopped.
The findings are published in the December 5, 2013 online issue of Science.
“This discovery has considerable clinical implications because if cancer cells can evade therapy by a ‘hide-and-seek’ mechanism, then the current focus (of drug therapies) is unlikely to translate into better outcomes for patients,” said Mischel.
In recent years, new cancer therapies have emerged that target tell-tale gene mutations to identify specific cancer cells for destruction. Unfortunately, a variety of “resistance mechanisms” have also emerged, among them incomplete target suppression, second-site mutations and activation of alternative kinases or enzymes that maintain growth-promoting signals to the cancer itself.
“Most research is aimed at developing better drugs or better drug combinations to suppress these downstream signals,” Mischel said. “However, one thing that has not been carefully considered is whether cancer cells can modulate the levels of – and thus their dependence on – the target of the drug, evade therapy, and then re-acquire the oncogene to promote tumor growth when the drug is withdrawn.”